- I’Anson Brothers Ltd (under construction)
Family Adventure with I’Anson Brothers Ltd Fourth generations join forces to build ultramodern installation
I’Anson Brothers Ltd, a leading compound feed producer on the British mainland, is expanding its operations with a brand new factory in Dalton New Bridge. This is the largest investment in the history of this family business since it was founded more than 120 years ago, and promises to be one of the most advanced and efficient production locations in Europe.
The signing of the contract in 2021 marked a special occasion, as the fourth generation of entrepreneurs from both I’Anson Brothers Ltd and Ottevanger Milling Engineers sat down together at the table. The occasion marked the official starting point for the implementation of the ambitious plans jointly prepared by both sides. It was quite a journey to get to this point; I’Anson Brothers first contacted Ottevanger to discuss the then still basic ideas back in 2013. A carefully-considered choice, says Chris I’Anson. “We visited several factories in the UK that Ottevanger had designed and built, and we were impressed with the quality of the design and machines”. When I’Anson consistently found the same high quality at Ottevanger plants across Europe, it only reinforced this confidence.
Investing in growth
The new factory will complement the existing one in Masham, and enable I’Anson to continue to meet growing demand from existing customers and increase its export business, both now and into the future. Initially, two completely separate production lines will be set up for this purpose, one for cattle feed and one for poultry feed, with a capacity of 30 tonnes per hour. It is designed in a way that allows capacity to be doubled at the same location. The work is now moving ahead at full speed, with the goal of completing the installation in the summer of 2023.
Best practice team effort
- Ottevanger Milling Services – responsible for project management and supplying most of the main equipment
- IVS Dosing Technology – responsible for supplying the steam dosing technology for the conditioning process, and the liquid dosing systems for the mixers and coaters
- PTN – responsible for supplying the innovative BOA Compacter for the cattle feed line
- TSC – responsible for supplying silos to store raw materials and finished feed
- Inteqnion – responsible for supplying electrical control and automation for the entire factory
|I’Anson Brothers Ltd
|Poultry & Ruminant