The Protector Roll regulates an even spread (flow) of grains, cereals, or mixture over a mesh screen into the Roller Mill. By cleaning the product flow from excessive impurities, the Protector Roll protects the Roller Mill from wear or possible damage which could lead to undesirable downtime.
The Protector Roll feeder is based on a robust steel frame which holds several main components such as:
- A feeder roll to ensure constant and even spread flow of grain over mesh screen
- A permanent magnet inside the feeder roll, to capture and release magnetic (Ferro) particles
- A stationary mesh screen and a second screen which is set to a vibration (amplitude adjustable)
- Screen deck available in different executions, product specific
- By-pass valve to enable redirection all big particles back towards the rollermill
- A spiral screw to discharge the collected impurities